For cracking the banking examinations, it is important to keep yourself updated with the News which is happening inside and outside the world. You must have to be well-acquainted with all this latest and current News. So, we on the daily basis use to provide you the Daily GA Dose, which covers all the sections of today’s News.
Here is Daily GA Dose of the day. Make yourself benefited from the same.
Sept 14: National Hindi Divas
- The National Hindi Divas (हिंदी दिवस), an annual literary-day is observed every year on Sept 14 in Hindi speaking regions of India and other countries with Hindi speaking population.
- The day aims to propagate Hindi language and its cultural heritage and values.
- It also seeks to promote Hindi as matra bhasha (mother tongue) of India and show its importance as a language in country and world at large.
- Hindi Divas is celebrated to mark adaptation of Hindi language as the official language of India by the Constituent Assembly of India on Sept 14, 1949.
Govt launches Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund Scheme
- The Union Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare launched Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF) Scheme with an outlay of Rs. 10881 crore.
- The first installment of Rs. 440 crore was given to National Dairy Development Board (NDDB).
- The scheme has been approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) in Sept 2017 with aim to boost dairy sector.
- It is managed by NDDB and will be implemented from 2017-18 to 2028-29.
- Under this scheme, eligible milk organisations will be provided financial assistance in the form of a loan at 6.5% interest for building an efficient milk procurement system and other dairy processing infrastructure.
- This loan will be reimbursed over period of 10 years.
Ministry of Minority Affairs launches NSP Mobile App
- Union Ministry for Minority Affairs launched the country’s first National Scholarship Portal Mobile App (NSP Mobile App).
- It aims to provide smooth, accessible and hassle-free scholarship system for students from poor and weaker sections.
- The app will be beneficial for beneficiary students in many ways as they will get all information regarding various scholarships on this mobile app, they will be able to apply for scholarships sitting in their home.
- Using it, students can also upload necessary documents and can check the status of their application, scholarship disbursement etc.
- Students from far-flung, hilly areas and North East will be the mostly benefitted from this app.
Country’s first tribal tourism circuit inaugurated in Chhattisgarh
- The country’s first tribal tourism circuit has been inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Tourism K J Alphons in Dhamtari district of Chhattisgarh.
- The tourism circuit is being developed under the Swadesh Darshan scheme.
- It covers 13 sites in Chhattisgarh including Jashpur, Kunkuri, Mainpat, Kamleshpur, Maheshpur, Kurdar, Sarodadadar, Gangrel, Kondagaon, Nathiya Nawagaon, Jagdalpur, Chitrakoot and Tirthgarh.
- It aims to showcase the state’s rich and diverse tribal culture and traditions to the tourists.
- The key components for development under the project are ‘Ethnic Tourist Village’ and ‘Ethnic Tourist Development’, Destination Development and Wayside amenities.
- The project is being developed by Chhattisgarh Tourism Board.
- The central govt had allocated about 100 crore rupees to develop this project to highlight tribal culture to the domestic and foreign tourists.
Approves continuation of Capacity Development Scheme
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved continuation of Capacity Development Scheme for period 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- It is ongoing Central Sector Scheme of Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation (MoSPI).
- It aims to augment infrastructural, technical as well as manpower resources for making available credible and timely official statistics for policy makers and public at large.
Approves 4 New National Institutes of Design
- Union Cabinet has approved proposal for introduction of Bill in Parliament for amendment of National Institutes of Design (NID) Act, 2014 for establishing four new NIDs across the country.
- These four new NIDs are National Institute of Design, Amaravati/Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh; National Institute of Design, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh; Natitional Institute of Design, Jorhat, Assam and National Institute of Design, Kurukshetra, Haryana.
Approves MoU between EXIM Bank and BRICS banks
- Union Cabinet has approved MoU signed between Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) and member banks under BRICS Interbank Cooperation Mechanism on Collaborative Research on Distributed Ledger and Block chain Technology in context of development of digital economy.
- The MoU was signed between Exim Bank, Banco Nacional de DesenvolvimentoEconomico e Social (BNDES, of Brazil), China Development Bank (CDB), State Corporation Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank of Russia) and Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA).
- Blockchain technology or Distributed Ledger holds potential for solutions to various challenges being faced in financial sector space of BRICS nations.
IIP records 6.6% growth in July 2018
- According to the data released by Central Statistics Office (CSO), factory output measured in terms of the Index of Industrial Production grew at 6.6% in Jul 2018.
- This growth was on the back of good performance by manufacturing sector and higher offtake of capital goods and consumer durables.
- Besides, IIP growth for Jun 2018 was also revised downwards to 6.8% from the provisional estimate of 7% released in August 2018.
- The IIP growth in April-July 2018 period was 5.4% compared to 1.7% year ago.
Ministry of Water Resources institutes National Water Awards
- Union Ministry of Water Resources instituted National Water Awards with objective to encourage all stakeholders to manage their water resources efficiently and create water consciousness in the country.
- The objective of these awards is to encourage all stakeholders including NGOs, Gram Panchayats, Urban local bodies, water user associations, institutions, corporate sector, Individuals etc. for adopting innovative practices of ground water augmentation by rainwater harvesting and artificial recharge.
- The awards will be given for 13 categories.
Secondary Steel Sector awards given for contribution to National Economy
- Union Ministry of Steel recently for the first time has given away Secondary Steel sector awards to 26 mini steel companies in recognition of their contribution to the national economy.
- 12 companies were awarded Gold Certificates and 14 Silver Certificates for their performance during 2016-17.
- These awards were given in order to enhance global competitiveness of companies involved in secondary steel sector.
- It will also encourage secondary steel sector to strive for improving performance as well as quality of production.
- It plays important role along with integrated steel players in order to achieve steel production capacity of 300 million tonne by year 2030-31. At present Inda has 134 MT capacity.
- Steel Sector in India Steel is one of the core sectors of the Indian economy.
- India is 3rd largest steel producer in the world.
- Steel contributes to over 2% to India’s GDP and creates virtuous cycle of employment generation throughout the economy.
- The steel consumption of India has almost touched 70 kg per capita.
President appoints Justice Ranjan Gogoi as next Chief Justice of India
- The President of India Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Justice Ranjan Gogoi as next Chief Justice of India as per Article 124 of the Constitution.
- He will assume office of Chief Justice on Oct 3, 2018 after retirement of incumbent Chief Justice, Justice Dipak Misra.
- At present Justice Gogoi is senior-most judge of Supreme Court.
- He will be become 46th Chief Justice of India and shall have tenure of about 13 months from Oct 3, 2018 till his retirement on Nov 17, 2019.
Udhayveer Singh wins individual gold in World Shooting
- Sixteen year old Udhayveer Singh has won an individual Gold Medal in Junior Men’s 25 metre pistol event in the World Shooting Championships in South Korea.
- He shot a score of 587 in the individual competition to grab the Gold ahead American Henry Leverett and Korean Lee Jaekyoon.
- Compatriot Vijayveer Sidhu finished fourth with a score of 581, while Rajkanwar Singh Sandhu took the 20th spot with a score of 568.
- The trio’s combined score of 1736 fetched them the team Gold for India, followed by China, which totalled 1730.
- The bronze medal went to Team Korea, which shot a score of 1721.