General Awareness for Railways ALP & Group-D
- Consider the following countries:
IV. South Africa
The Tropic of Capricon passes through which of the above countries?
(A) Only 1
(B) 1, 2 and 3
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Which of the following is a unit of distance?
(A) Parallactic second
(B) Light year
(C) Astronomical unit
(D) All the above
- Which of the following pairs of cities and rivers is NOT matched correctly?
(A) Paris – Seine
(B) Kolkata – Hugli
(C) Berlin – Rhine
(D) Baghdad – Tigris
- In the context of the economy in independent India, which of the following happened first?
(A) First Five Year Plan
(B) Nationalisation of State Bank of India
(C) Nationalisation of insurance companies
(D) Passage of Banking Regulation Act
- After being appointed as a Union minister, a person needs to be elected or nominated as a member of the Parliament within
(A) six months
(B) one year
(C) two year
(D) before the tenure of the Lok Sabha ends
- Which of the following rivers originates in India?
- Sentinelese tribe is found in which of the following states/territories?
(A) West Bengal
(B) Dadra and Nagar Haveli
(D) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- How many times a person can seek re-election as the President of India?
(A) Only once
(B) Only twice
(C) Only thrice
(D) Any number of times
- The development of GUIs, mouse and handheld devices took place in
(A) First generation
(B) Second generation
(C) Third generation
(D) Fourth generation
- The governor of a state is appointed by the President on the advice of
(A) Prime Minister
(B) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(C) Chief Minister of the state
(D) Chief Justice of High Court of the state