Reasoning Ability Section plays a pivotal role to score better in Banking and other competitive exams. Now a day, all the exams have higher level of reasoning questions. The questions asked in this section are tricky and time-consuming. But, once dealt with proper strategy, speed, and accuracy, this section will definitely award you the maximum marks in the examination. Here is another set of Questions to improve your speed and practice. Make most of it.
Directions (Q. 1-7): Read the information given below and answer the questions that follow.
A, B, C, D, E, F and G are seven members of a family. Each member of the family belongs to a different profession. There is a lawyer, a teacher, a doctor, a singer, an artist, an engineer and a tennis player in the family. All are sitting around a circular table facing the centre of the table.
I. No spouse is sitting together.
II. In the family, there are four generations and three couples. D’s son is a doctor whose daughter is C, a singer.
III. The father of tennis player is not sitting next to any male. E and F belong to the same gender and F, the spinster, is a tennis player.
IV. A, the eldest person in the family, is a lawyer but the spouse of A is not a teacher.
V. The person who is an artist is sitting second to the right of the father of the person who is a singer.
VI. G, who is son-in-law of the teacher, is an engineer. F is daughter of the engineer. The doctor is second to the right of the person who is a spinster.
VII. The son-in-law of the doctor is not an immediate neighbour of the tennis player or the doctor.
1. What is the relation of A with respect to the Engineer?
5) None of these
2. Who is the unmarried person in the family?
3) Tennis player
5) Can’t be determined
3. In a certain manner four of the five are alike. Find the odd one out.
4. Which of the following statements is true?
1) The tennis player is not an immediate neighbour of a male.
2) The doctor is a male and son of a teacher.
3) The singer is two places away from females.
4) B, D and G are male members in the family.
5) None is true
5. If all the persons are asked to sit in an alphabetical orders, starting from A in an anticlockwise direction, the position of how many will remain unchanged (excluding A)?
6. Who is the daughter-in-law in the family?
2) Tennis player
7. In the given statements one/ more than one statement is/are true. Give answer.
(A) The teacher is mother of the engineer, who sits second to the left of his/her child.
(B) The gender of the artist and the lawyer is not known.
(C) D is mother-in-law of E, who is mother-in-law of G, who is mother of F.
(D) There are two males who sit only next to females.
(E) F is granddaughter of B, who is son of an artist.
1) Only (A) and (E)
2) Only (B) and (C)
3) Only (C)
4) Only (D)
5) Only (E)