Reasoning Ability Section plays a pivotal role to score better in Banking and other competitive exams. Now a day, all the exams have higher level of reasoning questions. The questions asked in this section are tricky and time-consuming. But, once dealt with proper strategy, speed, and accuracy, this section will definitely award you the maximum marks in the examination. Here is another set of Questions to improve your speed and practice. Make most of it.
Directions (Q. 1-10): In each question below are two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the two given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conditions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts and give answer
1) if only conclusion I follows.
2) if only conclusion II follows.
3) if either conclusion I or II follows.
4) if neither conclusion I nor II follows.
5) if both conclusions I and II follow.
1. Statements: Some trees are bushes.
All flowers are bushes.
Conclusions: I.At least some bushes are trees.
II.At least some flowers are trees.
2. Statements: All colours are paints.
No paint is a brush.
Conclusions: I.At least some brushes are colours.
II.No brush is a colour.
3. Statements: Some chemicals are organics.
All organics are fertilisers.
Conclusions: I.At least some fertilizers are chemicals.
II.All fertilizers are organics.
4. Statements: No air is solid.
Some solids are liquids.
Conclusions: I.No liquid is air.
II.Some air is definitely not liquid.
5. Statements: All gems are diamonds.
All diamonds are rocks.
Conclusions: I.At least some rocks are gems.
II.All gems are rocks.
6. Statements: All flowers are red. Some roses are red.
Conclusions: I.All flowers being rose is a possibility.
II.Some flowers are roses.
7. Statements: No river is a lake. Some lakes are deep.
Conclusions: I.Some rivers are not deep.
II.At least some lakes are rivers.
8. Statements: Some grapes are green.
Some fruits are grapes.
Conclusions: I.Some fruits being green is a possibility.
II.Some grapes are not fruits.
9. Statements: All cats are dogs. All cats are black.
Conclusions: I.At least some dogs are black.
II.All dogs being cat is a possibility.
10.Statements: No window is a door.
No window is close.
Conclusions: I.Some doors being close is a possibility.
II.No door is a window.
Answers with Explanation –