We have started a new initiative for the Quick Revision of General Awareness MCQs of the month. The exclusive series of posts christened as “Revision Xpress (RBI Grade ‘B’)”. This new initiative has been started thinking our aspirants who are going to appear for the RBI Grade ‘B’ Exam. Under this head, we will provide important GA of the previous month starting from April. We will cover important GA MCQs till Aug 10. It will definitely boost your preparation for the RBI Grade ‘B’ Phase-I. Make most of it.
Here is the post of the Revision Xpress (RBI Grade ‘B’), named as Revision Xpress (RBI Grade ‘B’) : May – 08.
1. Anil Kumar Jha has been appointed as the chairman-cum-managing director (CMD) of
2) Indian Oil
3) Coal India
2. Who among the following won the European Golden Shoe for the fifth time recently?
1) Cristiano Ronaldo
2) Harry Kane
3) Mohamed Salah
4) Lionel Messi
3. The govt approved the signing of MoU between India and Colombia on establishing cooperation on Traditional Systems of Medicine of India. The capital city of Colombia is
4. The RBI has imposed a penalty of Rs 5 cr on which bank for non-compliance with its directions on Income Recognition and Asset Classification (IRAC) norms, Know Your Customer (KYC) norms and treasury function?
1) Federal Bank
2) South Indian Bank
3) RBL Bank
4) YES Bank
5) IndusInd Bank
5. The MoU between India and Equatorial Guinea for cooperation in the field of traditional systems of medicine was approved by the govt. The currency of Equatorial Guinea is
1) US Dollar
5) Central African CFA franc
6. The Uber Cup is associated with which of the following games? The 27th edition of the game was held recently.
7. Which of the following countries recently unveiled world’s first floating nuclear power station?
8. The govt has approved the establishment of National Institute of Mental Health Rehabilitation (NIMHR) at
9. The govt has approved the setting up of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) with a provision of funds worth Rs 1103 cr in
10. The Shirui lily is a unique species of land-lily which is the State Flower of
11. In which of the following states at least 9 people were killed during violent protests demanding closure of a Vedanta’s Sterlite plant over pollution concerns?
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Andhra Pradesh
12. Who among the following won the 2018 Italian Open tennis tournament recently?
1) Alexander Zverev
2) Rafael Nadal
3) Kei Nishikori
4) Andy Murray
5) Novak Djokovic
13. An outbreak of Nipah virus was reported in which of the following states recently which has so far killed 10 people?
4) Himachal Pradesh
14. Nicolas Maduro was re-elected for another six year term in the recent Presidential election in
15. Paraguayan President Horacio Cartes inaugurated his country’s Israel embassy in Jerusalem recently. The capital of Paraguay is
16. Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited which of the following countries recently to held informal summit with the President of that country in Sochi?
3) South Korea
17. Film Shoplifters, directed by Hirokazu Kore-eda, was awarded the Palme d’Or at Cannes Film Festival. This is a
1) Korean film
2) Japanese film
3) Mongolian film
4) Spanish film
5) Turkish film
18. Which of the following public sector banks has reported whopping Rs 77.18 bn loss in its fourth quarter of FY18?
1) Dena Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) Corporation Bank
4) Punjab National Bank
5) State Bank of India
19. The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, went on a four-day visit to which country recently?
20. The 71st World Health Assembly was held recently in
2) New York
5) The Hague
21. Who among the following was sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka recently?
1) HD Deve Gowda
2) HD Kumaraswamy
3) DK Shivakumar
5) G Parameshwara
22. Prime Minister of the Netherlands, Mark Rutte, visited India recently. The capital of the Netherlands is
23. India launched a complaint against which country recently with the World Trade Organization, WTO to challenge that country’s tariffs on Steel and Aluminium?
4) South Korea
24. The US recently withdrew its invitation to which country to participate in the biennial maritime exercise called, Rim of the Pacific or RIMPAC?
3) North Korea
25. AB de Villiers has retired from all forms of international cricket with immediate effect. He has been playing for
1) New Zealand
2) West Indies
5) South Africa
26. India’s Ankita Raina is associated with which of the following games?
27. Manika Batra plays which of the following games? She is a Commonwealth gold medal winner.
2) Discuss throw
4) Table tennis
28. The World Bee Day is observed every year on
1) 02 May
2) 12 May
3) 20 May
4) 24 May
5) 31 May
29. As announced by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, the family of a paramilitary soldier who dies in action will be given a minimum compensation of
1) Rs 25 lakh
2) Rs 50 lakh
3) Rs 75 lakh
4) Rs 90 lakh
5) Rs 1 cr
30. Who among the following has won the Man Booker International Prize 2018?
1) Jenny Erpenbeck (Go, Went, Gone)
2) Olga Tokarczuk (Flights)
3) Virginie Despentes (Vernon Subutex 1)
4) Javier Cercas (The Impostor)
5) Laurent Binet (The 7th Function of Language)