2,134 total views, 12 views today
English Section is very important to score better in Banking and other competitive exams. Now a day, the pattern of questions asked in this section are very lengthy and thus, time-consuming. But once dealt with proper strategy and accuracy, this section can get you the maximum marks in the examination. Here is another set of Questions to improve your speed and practice. Make most of it.
Directions (Q. 1-5): The following questions consist of a single sentence with one blank only. You are given six words denominated by A, B, C, D, E and F as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.
1. It has come to the notice of Sebi that some companies/entities are illegally mobilising funds from the public by making false promise of ________ rates of return/interest under various schemes/arrangement.
(A) extreme (B) unreasonable (C) illegal (D) high (E) exorbitant (F) little
1) (A) and (B) 2) (B) and (C) 3) (C) and (D)
4) (C) and (E) 5) (B) anda (E)
2. President Pranab Mukherjee will meet two groups of people who will give him the ________ on the deteriorating law-and-order situation in West Bengal.
(A) lowdown (B) letter (C) dossier
(D) details (E) brochure (F) information
1) (A) and (C) 2) (B) and (E) 3) (A) and (F)
4) (C) and (D) 5) (C) and (F)
3. The space between Damascus and Baghdad is becoming an area for Jihadists to ________ into a global terrorist army.
(A) convert (B) unite (C) coalesce
(D) develop (E) collapse (F) collect
1) (A) and (F) 2) (B) and (E) 3) (C) and (F)
4) (D) and (F) 5) (B) and (F)
4. Public sector banks are ________ to pick up a stake in Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
(A) eager (B) motivated (C) adamant
(D) keen (E) coming (F) reluctant
1) (A) and (B) 2) (B) and (E) 3) (C) and (E)
4) (D) and (F) 5) (A) and (E)
5. Reliance Industries Limited yet again ________ at the upper boundary and then moved back into previous consolidation band.
(A) touched (B) picked (C) continued
(D) stopped (E) stayed (F) faltered
1) (B) and (D) 2) (E) and (F) 3) (A) and (B)
4) (B) and (F) 5) (A) and (F)