556 total views, 21 views today
Reasoning Ability Section plays a pivotal role to score better in Banking and other competitive exams. Now a day, all the exams have higher level of reasoning questions. The questions asked in this section are tricky and time-consuming. But, once dealt with proper strategy, speed, and accuracy, this section will definitely award you the maximum marks in the examination. Here is another set of Questions to improve your speed and practice. Make most of it.
Direction (Q. 1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions.
Six friends P, Q, R, S, T and U from six different areas, viz Rohini, Indirapuram, Dwarka, Kaushambi, Munirka and Vaishali, go for shopping in six different shopping complexes, viz Sahara, GIP, CSM, V3S, Shipra and Select Citywalk, but not necessarilily in the same order. Three different types of transports are used by them, viz Car, Bus and Metro, in such a manner that two persons use the same type of transport but not necessarily in the same order.
P uses car and lives in Vaishali but he does not go to CSM and Select Citywalk.
The person going to Shipra Complex uses car and the one going to GIP uses bus.
T uses the same type of transport as the person from Dwarka.
CSM Complex is chosen by the person who uses bus.
R is neither from Rohini nor from Munirka and he goes to Shipra Complex.
One of the persons who use Metro goes to Sahara Complex.
Q is from Kaushambi and goes to GIP. He does not use the same transport as S.
U is neither from Indirapuram nor from Munirka.
Select Citywalk and GIP Complex are not visited by the persons who use car.
The persons from Kaushambi and Rohini are using the same type of transport.
1. Who are using Metro?
1) S and T 2) U and S 3) T and P
4) P and U 5) None of these
2. Who is going to V3S Complex for shopping?
1) U 2) P 3) R
4) S 5) None of these
3. Who is using the same transport as U?
1) P 2) Q 3) T
4) R 5) None of these
4. S belongs to which of the following places?
1) Indirapuram 2) Vaishali 3) Munirka
4) Dwarka 5) None of these
5. R is using which of the following transports?
1) Car 2) Bus 3) Metro
4) Data inadequate 5) None of these
Directions (Q. 6-10): Each of the questions given below consists of a question and three statements. I, II and III given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statement are sufficient to answer the question.
6. P, Q, R, S, T and U are six teachers in a school teaching a different subject each – M, P, S, B, G and H – but not in the same order. There are only four female teachers. Who teaches subject B?
I. Q teaches subject H. No female teacher teaches subject B or M. S, who teaches subject S, is the oldest.
II. P is older than R and teaches subject P.
III. The youngest teacher teaches subject B. U is not the youngest. T teaches subject M and is older than P but younger than Q and U.
1) Only I 2) Only II 3) Only III
4) All I, II and III are necessary
5) All are not sufficient
7. Six participants A, B, C, D, E and F participate in a painting competition. Out of these, two are ladies. Who is the sister of E?
I. E and his unmarried sister participated for the second time and completed the painting in the given time. A is brother of C.
II. Neither D’s husband nor the new participants won the competition. B could not complete the painting.
III. In the result, C was ahead of A but behind E only.
1) Only I 2) Only II
3) Only II & III 4) All are required
5) All I, II & III are not sufficient
8. Eight friends P, Q, R, S, T, V, X and Z are sitting around a circular table facing outward from the centre. Who is sitting between X and V?
I. P sits third to the left of X and second to the right of R. T sits second to the right of V.
II. S and T do not sit next to each other. S sits second to the left of Q, who is not a neighbour of P.
III. There are as many persons between R and S as between Q and P.
1) Only I and II 2) Only II 3) Only I and III 4) All I, II, III 5) None of these
9. What is the code for ‘sky’?
I. ‘sky is beautiful and white’ is written as ‘lo no po so do’.
II. ‘beautiful is water’ is written as ‘po ro so’.
III. ‘white water is transparent’ is written as ‘so no ro qo’.
1) Only I and II 2) Only II and III 3) Only I and III 4) All I, II and III 5) All are not sufficient
10. Four elevators – P, Q, R and S – have a different speed and weight. Is the elevator with the lowest speed the heaviest?
I. P is the heaviest but does not have the highest speed.
II. S is heavier than R while Q’s speed is greater than S’s which is more than P.
III. R’s weight is not the minimum but has the highest speed.
1) Only I and II
2) All I, II and III
3) Any of the two
4) Can’t be determined
5) None of these