Directions (Q. 1-13): In each of these questions, there are two conclusions I and II. Assume the statements to be true even if they vary with facts. Choose your answer as
1) if only conclusion I follows.
2) if only conclusion II follows.
3) if either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
4) if neither conclusion I nor II follows.
5) if both conclusions I and II follow.
Statements: Some weeks are years.
All months are weeks.
All years are decades.
No hour is a month.
1. Conclusions: I. All hours being decades is a possibility.
II. Some hours can never be years.
2. Conclusions: I. All decades being weeks is a possibility.
II. All hours, if they are months, cannot be decades.
Statements: All elections are dramas.
All elections are stories.
Some dramas are not films.
3. Conclusions: I. No film is a story.
II. Some films which are dramas are also stories.
4. Conclusions: I. All films being elections is a possibility.
II. Some stories which are not elections are dramas.
5. Statements: No spade is a club.
All clubs are diamonds.
All spades are hearts.
Conclusions: I. Some spades which are diamonds may also be clubs.
II. Some hearts, if they are clubs, must be diamonds.
6. Statements: All roads are drivers.
Some drivers are pilots
Some walkers are not drivers.
Conclusions: I. Some roads being pilots is a possibility.
II. All walkers are pilots.
Statements: All stars are galaxies.
No planet is sun.
Some galaxies are suns.
7. Conclusions: I. All sun being stars is a possibility.
II. Some stars are galaxies.
8. Conclusions: I. No galaxy is a planet.
II. Some planets are galaxies.
Statements: No RNA is DNA.
Some cells are tissues.
All DNA are cells.
9. Conclusions: I. All DNAs are tissues.
II. Some cells are definitely not RNA.
10. Conclusions: I. All RNAs being cells is a possibility.
II. All cells being RNA is a possibility.
11. Statements: Some stains are dirts.
All dirts are shines.
No stain is dull.
Conclusions: I. All dull being dirts is a possibility.
II. All shines are stains.
Statements: Some coffee are cups.
Some cups are not copies.
All colds are coffee.
12. Conclusions: I. Some coffee are not copies.
II. All colds are cups.
13. Conclusions: I. There is a possibility that no cups are coffee.
II. There is a possibility that all coffee are cold.