Syllogism for SBI Clerk Prelims/IDBI Executive
Directions (Q. 1-7): In each group of questions below are two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two/three statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer
1) if only conclusion I follows.
2) if only conclusion II follows.
3) if either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
4) if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.
5) if both conclusion I and conclusion II follow.
1. Statements: All books are magazines.
No magazine is a newspaper.
Conclusions: I.No book is a newspaper.
II. Some magazines are books.
Statements: Some mobiles are telephones.
All telephones are pagers.
No pager is a camera.
2. Conclusions: I.Some mobiles are definitely not cameras.
II. No mobile is a camera.
3. Conclusions: I.All telephones are cameras.
II. All mobiles being telephones is a possibility.
Statements: No cube is a cuboid.
Some cuboids are rectangles.
All squares are cubes.
4. Conclusions: I.No cuboid is a square.
II. All cubes being rectangle is a possibility.
5. Conclusions: I.No rectangle is a square.
II. No cube is a rectangle.
6. Statements: All fruits are vegetables.
Some vegetables are pulses.
Some pulses are not cereals.
Conclusions: I.Some vegetables are not cereals.
II. All vegetables being fruits is a possibility.
7. Statements: All schools are colleges
All schools are universities
No university is a campus.
Conclusions: I.All colleges are universities
II. All schools being campus is a possibility.
For Detailed Solution CLICK HERE