TARGET SSC: Polity Test- 2
1. The speaker of the Lok Sabha has to address his/her letter of resignation to
- Prime Minister of India
- President of India
- Deputy Speaker of India
- Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
2. Sarkaria Commission was concerned with
- Administrative Reforms
- Electoral Reforms
- Financial Reforms
- Centre- State Relations
3. The number of subjects incorporated in the Union List is
4. Who speaks of cabinet system as ” the steering wheel of the ship of the state” ?
5. Who has called the Prime Minister Primus inter pares (first among equals)?
6. Section of IPC, which deals with LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) community is
- None of these
7. Who said that, “Where there is no law there will be no liberty”?
- Karl Marx
- John Locke
8. In relation to the State Government, local government exercises
- Co-ordinate authority
- Delegated authority
- Superior authority
- Independent authority
9. The Indian constitution has been divided into
- 16 chapters
- 24 chapters
- 25 chapters
- 22 chapters
10. ‘Democratic Centralism’ is an important feature of
- Communist state
- Democratic state
- Totalitarian state
- Socialist state
Sarkaria Commission was set up in June 1983 by the central government of India. The Sarkaria Commission’s charter was to examine the relationship and balance of power between state and central governments in the country and suggest changes within the framework of Constitution of India.
The Union List or List-I is a list of 97 items given in Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India on which Parliament has exclusive power to legislate.
According to Ramsay Muir, the Cabinet is “the steering wheel of the ship of the State.”
Delegated authority is an authority obtained from another that has authority since the authority does not naturally exist.
Typically this is used in a government context where an organization that is created by a legitimate government, such as a Board, City, Town or other Public Corporations to allow them to legally function in the name of the constitutional government.
Democratic centralism is the name given to the principles of internal organization used by Leninist political parties, and the term is sometimes used as a synonym for any Leninist policy inside a political party.